Friday, May 11, 2007

Hi, You Don't Know Me

Hi. You don't know me, but I'm starting a blog, just like everyone else.

So let me tell you a little about myself... although probably as little as possible.

I've known I was a bisexual since I was 14. In fact, in high school, I sort of "leaked" out of the closet. I actually started a gay-straight alliance at my high school. Some people thought I was gay, some people thought I was straight. I was neither. Or both. It all depends on your perspective.

I met a girl my senior year of high school, and we dated for two years. I had pretty much put any questions of my sexuality to rest among my friends. Once we broke up, I was in college, where I remained permanently in the closet. I exclusively dated women, and only secretly gushed over men I was attracted to.

I actually didn't have my first gay experience until I was 22. I was fresh out of college, and had just moved to New York. I still remember it well: it was through Craigslist. He was a student at Pratt; he said he was bi. He came over on a Sunday morning, we smoked some weed, made out, and jerked off. Pretty much tame stuff. It was completely discreet, and we never spoke again.

As the years have passed, I've become a little bit bolder. I'll occasionally go to a gay bar. I've got a small circle of gay friends. I still hookup using Craigslist occasionally. And I still proclaim my straightness to the outside world by dating women, who either never learn of my interest in men, or break-up with me upon learning of my interest in men.

This blog will detail my exploits, feelings, hopes, and fears as a bi-curious single male living in New York. Hop on board for a bumpy ride.

No comments: